Friday, February 15, 2013

Opportunities, friends, loss

I won't spend a lot of time posting today.

My father passed away last night. although I am sad, I also have a sense of relief. I am glad I was able to say my goodbyes last Saturday and I know he would want me to be here doing what I am right now.

I was able to spend the evening with my friends Maria and Chris. I lived in their apartment here back in 2007. We went to dinner and had a good conversation and I was able to keep my mind off of things.

I am going to be staying here as planned. This morning I have a seminar on syllabus writing to attend. Then there are a few more panel discussions. I might try to hit up MOMA this afternoon too.

I managed to snag a hotpot from the hotel hallway yesterday so I am able to drink a nice cup of coffee while I am typing this. The hotpot had been sitting out in the hallway all day long and I figured if they hadn't picked it up, I might as well use it.

This evening I am attending an alumni reception for school. It will begun to see people.

The school is starting a low residency program and I have been asked if I might be interested in being a mentor artist for the students in the program. It's a good opportunity.hopefully things will pan out.

I think thats all I have this morning, I think it's more than enough though.

No comments: