Thursday, February 21, 2013

I'm okay everyone...

I understand that all people handle grief differently and you never know what you're going to get when you are dealing with someone is dealing with loss.

I have my moments of sadness, but for the most part I am feeling pretty good. Tired but good.

I've gotten some nice cards and flowers from the office and one of my attorneys.

Planning for the services are underway.  My sisters and I are actually getting along...

Tomorrow I will go back to work and then it's the weekend.  I am actually relieved in part that I don't have to go visit my Dad anymore.  It was getting challenging at the end because you never knew which Dad you were going to get.  Towards the end it was usually the sleeping Dad.

Today my sister said that it was probably a good thing that I wasn't there that last day.  I think I had a feeling that he was going die when I was gone.  I'm glad I got to say that last goodbye though.  I remember thinking to myself that I was going to be okay not seeing him again. 

People may perceive my reactions as being cold or uncaring but I've always been a little bit distant and removed in person..  I'm okay - treat me the same as you normally do (maybe with a little bit more care than usual).  If I need you to leave me alone I will tell you.

No comments: