Friday, February 22, 2013

A touch of insomnia and a car accident

Last night was the first night I had a touch of insomnia.  Nothing too bad, but I did wake up a few times during the night.  at 4:40 or so I decided I might as well get up.

Last night after the long day of memorial planning, I worked out at the gym and then visited my dogs and momma for a few minutes.  On my way home from all of that I was involved in a chain reaction car accident.  I didn't experience any injury and my car only sustained a few scratches and a bit of minor damage.  I can't say the same for the car behind me.  Three cars were at a complete stop at a light.  A driver A drunk driver  (innocent until proven guilty) did not stop and plowed into the car behind me.  I didn't see it, but I sure heard it.  The tires screeching, a crash and then the car bumping me into the car in front of me.  There was enough force for things in the compartment in my dashboard to come flying out into the car.  The car behind me had her trunk pushed into her back seat.

I probably didn't have to stay around, but I'm a good citizen and would want someone to stay with me if it were me.

The police officer came after about an hour (he was pretty cute)... ha.  Took a report and when the girl in the car behind me mentioned that the car that ran into her had been driving erratically  and he smelled like alcohol he called in an additional officer.  The guy was arrested for DUI (he seemed sort of okay after the accident, but his actions were a little impaired... ) he was antsy and his description of the accident was nothing like what happened...

When the police officer talked to me he said that I had to stick around a bit - I didn't mind... he was after all pretty good looking... he told me to get my car checked out because "you need to keep your Honda going"  was he channeling my Dad?  maybe - maybe he was just being friendly... either way I will get the car checked out and get it fixed...  it must be a sign...

I'm not distressed about the whole thing.  I think it's just a weird thing that happens...


so - back to planning... Memorial Service will be next Friday at our Church University Christian.. 3pm.  I will post a link to the obituary this weekend.

here are photos of the accident!

Debris Field








No comments: