Tuesday, February 19, 2013

The Medicine Cabinet


This photo is from my Dad's medicine cabinet.  I took this photo before we cleaned out his assisted living apartment last year.  I'm not sure how long he had that English Leather Pre Electric Lotion but I think it was probably going on 20 years.  He was fond of musk as well.

I was in charge of cleaning out the cabinet.  I knew we weren't going to keep these things, but I needed to record the contents with a photo.

I still have some of the remnants of the cabinet/bathroom in my apartment.  They might end up in artwork someday soon.

Today I'm heading back to work.  I think it's best to stay busy and not dwell on the sadness.  Part of me thinks maybe I should be grieving more... but maybe the reminiscing and posting of photos is my own way of grieving.

I also have my Dad's half full bottle of gin in my kitchen cabinet.  If you are a regular reader of the blog you know that I don't drink much (if anything at all).  Maybe I'll have to get some vermouth and fix myself a martini on the day of my Dad's memorial service.  I once tried to make a martini when I was in High School and my Dad was away.  I'm sure I did a good job of it (he taught us girls well), but it didn't taste very good.  At an early age my parents would give us sips of wine and beer so I never thought of alcohol as being off limits... however, later on in life I did find that I always didn't have the best judgement when I was drinking so that's why I don't do it that often.  It's just easier not to.

You know what happens to me when I do drink... remember the naughty nettle ale incident?


How could we forget that?

Well then.

That's it for this morning.

No comments: