Friday, April 19, 2013

Awake at the Crack of Dawn (again).

Once again I am up too stinking early... I am taking my car in at 7 to get the timing belt replaced and the rear brakes fixed. 

I was hoping just sleep until my regular alarm went off (5:45) but I was awake at 4:00. 

Either I am turning into my mother or my brain is just really busy.  I think it's the latter...  too much going on in my life right now, my brain is full and I don't have much space left in it...

So... to go back and talk about my bike commute yesterday,  I made it.  Both ways...

The ride in was fairly easy.  It was light out and my friend Chuck rode with me.... it was pretty much a straight shot across 17th Ave E and then down Pine, right to my building.  I think it took 15 minutes tops... and not a lot of traffic.

For the ride home I had considered going back the way I came, but my building's parking garage exits onto Olive way and from there it's just a straight shot up the hill home.  I decided to be brave and follow another bicyclist up the hill.  I still have to figure out how to get up hills more comfortably...  I think if I didn't teach so much and have legs of steel I might of had problems but for the most part I did alright.  My foot did slip on the pedals a few times and I scraped my ankle a bit... nothing too bad.. my right knee is a bit sore this morning... I think I will survive. 

It's always the first time that it's the hardest...  it can only get better right?

Here are two photos to commemorate this momentous occasion...

This is me outside my apartment building!  Looking semi-afraid.


This is my bike in the rack at my building...  Pretty isn't she?


The hardest part was getting that stupid bike lock on the thing.

Okay - carry on people... it's time for me to finish my coffee and get ready for the day.

No comments: