Friday, April 12, 2013

BIKE DAY!

I was awake before 4:30 this morning... started thinking about my bike.. couldn't go back to sleep.

I guess I could have worse problems.

I took my car in yesterday and had a power steering hose replaced under waranty.  They suggested I have few other things done but I haven't pulled the trigger on okaying the repair.  My gut reaction is to not spend 900 plus to get something replaced just because it's old - there's nothing wrong with it (timing belt)...  I actually sent an email to the local garage I used to take my old car to get an estimate on the same repairs...  if it's the same I will most likely take it to Honda of Seattle.  I will get things repaired, I just don't want to waste money.  Life would be easier if I could just transport myself by "willing" myself places...

Today is Bike Day!  I am leaving work early and I'm heading out to buy a little piece of joy.  I was reminded that May is Bike to Work month...  I'm pretty excited.  And a little nervous.... I haven't actually ridden a real bike in a very long time...  I don't even really know how to shift gears.. I'm sure it's not hard, but you would think that someone who teaching cycle classes would know about basic bike riding.

They say you should do things that scare you.  This definitely scares me.

This weekend I am going to try to pull out a GAP application out of the blue - need to write up my jeneratorroadtrip for it...  I am also getting my hair cut and colored... for the past week I have been trying to camouflage my skunk stripe and it's not easy.  I had a dream last weekend that I had been given bangs without my consent and I was a bit upset.  I don't plan on getting bangs anytime soon.. I think I will cut off about an inch or so... get rid of some of the icky ends...  I was just going to keep growing it out until I got asked out on a date but that doesn't seem to be happening anytime in the near future so I will cut just a little bit so I don't look like one of those middle aged ladies that are trying to hold on to their youth by having really long hair.

Goodness - that was a really long sentence.

The only drawback of getting up at the crack of dawn is that I've been up forever and it's not even 6am...  oh well - more time for coffee I guess.

I think that's all I have this morning.  I will update you later on the bike purchase.

No comments: