Thursday, April 11, 2013

Did I tell you I'm buying a bike?

Needless to say the last few months have been a bit challenging.  My Dad dying, work upheaval, friends who are ill... I have managed everything pretty well I think but it's been a chore.

I do have a glimmer of joy though, okay - two glimmers of joy - One, when I went to the Credit Union the other day the teller told me I had excellent credit and Two, I am buying a bicycle.

Yes, I am finally biting the bullet and purchasing a new bike on Friday (tomorrow)...  I am pretty dang excited about it too.  My friend Bob works at Gregg's Cycle in Alderwood and I'm leaving work early to go shop for a bike.  This is going to be my one Birthday/Bereavement present to myself.

I've even got it planned out, riding to the gym in the morning, riding to work, riding home... I even filled out the paperwork so that I can use the bike lockers in our office.  It's pretty great. 

One of the best things about this?  I can sleep in a little bit on mornings that I teach because I won't have to leave so stinking early!

Yay.

Bob suggested that I look at this bike..

Today I have a date with my chiropractor and then I'm taking my car in for a safety recall problem.  Some hose can break down and cause problems... as long as it doesn't cost me anything I'm good with it. 

Well, if I don't get driven over the edge today at work I will check back in sometime in the near future.


No comments: