Tuesday, April 09, 2013

Go go go!

I had a restful night's sleep... nice.

I don't really mind getting up at 4:30 on the days I teach, but I would much rather sit on the sofa and drink coffee instead.  I have already done the dishes, now it's time to settle down and watch the news, warm my lap with Crusty II (my laptop) and catch up on everything.

This week is going to be a bit crazy.  We are winding down on our construction at the office, but now we're getting into the part where we will be impacted directly.  They are working on interior offices that already exist so we have to get people to pack up some of their things so their walls can be skimmed and something else (I don't know)...  they have me go to the construction meetings but they totally keep me out of the loop when it comes to schedule/what I really need to know.

I'm going to demand a really big reward when this is all over....  maybe a trip to Hawaii.

In other news one of our legal assistants is retiring so that's an added stress to my job.  Trying to come up with an ad and figuring out how to hire someone.. grrrr...  Things keep on rolling in... I/we just have to keep going...

This weekend I got a little bit of money from my father's estate - it's not enough to pay off my student loans but it was enough to give me a cushion in savings and pay off my visa bill.  I'm not going to go all crazy and blow it, I'm actually going to figure out how to make some money from it.

I have decided on one splurge. THE CYCLE INSTRUCTOR IS GOING TO BUY A BICYCLE!  Yes, I'm going to buy a bike.  This is going to be my Birthday present to myself.  Yay.  I have a friend who works at Gregg's Cycle and he is going to help me. I'm thinking of buying something that I can ride to the gym in the morning so I can actually leave after 5am and drink a full cup of coffee before I leave..  I don't know if I can actually ride a real bike.  It's been a really long time.  I guess I've never really had a bike that fit me so this will be good.  Getting set up with something that suits my needs - maybe I'll even get some riding lessons.

This year I'm actually sort of looking forward to my birthday... I mean I always like my birthday, but this year hopefully will be better than last year.  Last year there was a bunch of stress going on regarding my dad and one of my family members said some very harsh things to me which totally ruined my birthday month... I won't get into details, but let's just say, you should treat people the way you want to be treated.  You can't bully your way to what you want...

I don't know much more than this today... well, actually I know a bunch more, but nothing I want to write about...  I have to go now and check my horoscope, drink more coffee, and think about what I'm going to wear today.  It's a hard decision sometimes.

No comments: