Sunday, June 16, 2013

Father's Day without Dad.

I wasn't sure how I would feel when I woke up today.  It's the first Father's Day without my Dad and unlike my sisters I have no significant other who is a dad to distract me from the significance (or insignificance) of the day...  so far I think I'm doing alright.

Our family was never the type of family to go all out on holidays.. or birthdays... or anything...  The concept of family getting together and having a good time is a bit foreign to me - don't get me wrong, but the fictionalized family gatherings that you see in movies and on television are not anything like my family ever was... so it's hard to get on board with things sometimes.

I have decided to head over the camp this afternoon and check out the art supply situation for the coming session... it's not a really long drive, it will take me about an hour or so...  it will be nice to hang out - maybe I will take a walk around the lake while I'm there...  I've also been told my dogwood tree is in full bloom so I will probably take photos to post later.  It seems like a good idea for me to take up my time today.

Yesterday was full... ww, walking around Greenlake, breakfast, and then a graduation party for my cousin.  Full and satisfying day...  I had a conversation with my friend Ken on the way down to the party and I declared that even though this year has been rough I am feeling pretty good overall, and very optimistic. I've got things brewing, my health is good (minus a foot thing right now), I'm cute...

That's it for now.

No comments: