Thursday, September 05, 2013

The blog post which recounts an "eye-roll" sort of day.

I will preface this entry by letting you know that I am after all that went down yesterday I am still in a pretty good mood.

Yesterday at work I had to figure out how to get rid of our old office furniture to prepare for the delivery of new stuff...

I usually try not to get too stressed out about things as these, because stuff just normally works out and there is no reason to get in a tizzy about it.

Tuesday I sent some emails around to people who have connections in the furniture take-away business... no luck. Then I sent an email to the Assistant Real Estate Manager in our building about storing our old stuff and within 5 minutes she has someone to take all of our old stuff away.

Flash forward to yesterday... if I could do a montage it would show me moving furniture out of the way, packing boxes, moving plants.... guys coming to pick up 3 desks, five book cases, two lateral files...  the office maintenance guy helping me move an old office furniture set into a new office free of charge... AND THEN THIS!

my boss asks me what is happening with the old furniture and I tell him... he gives me a look as "what? you didn't get any money for the old stuff??"  Goodness - it's crappy furniture, we're getting someone to take it away FREE OF CHARGE  and it happened all within 24 hours!

I have to give myself a pat on the back - I manage things pretty well with limited information... Yesterday was the first day I was given the plans for the new office furniture layouts..  you would think as an office manager (and someone who needs to coordinate delivery) that I would be given this information? Nah...

On the bright side I should arrive to new lateral files at my desk... they forgot to order furniture for me during the initial remodel... oye.

so... furniture should be delivered/installed this morning for the most part...

You would think that's enough for one day... BUT NO!

I finally went to lunch at 2 and when I returned I had 23 emails regarding our new printer which was having issues completing print jobs...

at the end of the day it was 47 emails...

and there was a last minute rush which all the staff was working on when I left (I had to teach)...

People need to chill the heck out (I was going to use a different word besides heck - but this blog is PG rated)...

Hopefully today will be a little less hectic.

Goodness - that was a good bit of a rant wasn't it?

Okay - I guess that's it this morning... I still have more Ikea furniture to put together... maybe tonight I will get that done... I seem to have injured my shoulder with all my screwdrivering of the dresser... ouch.

No comments: