Wednesday, September 11, 2013

What do I know...

Overall yesterday went pretty well... some of the highlights were watching the Apple Event liveblog as they unveiled the new iPhone...  I must admit that I'm a bit of a nerd about these things... you might recall I stayed up until midnight when I was able to order an iphone on Verizon...

I did manage to get some work done while I was watching the live blog...  John (the guy I posted the photo of the other day) is a big Apple nerd too and he sent me a few messages about the reveal while it was happening... we have decided to stand in line at the Apple Store next Friday and get new phones..  I am going to call it a date.  It may still technically be hanging out.. yeah, whatever...

Yesterday I was also taken out to lunch by my coworker Erin.  I helped her with some things and she took me to the Yard House...  Then as I was leaving the office yesterday one of the partners actually told me that I had been invaluable to them all this year with all the crap that's going on.. and that it hadn't gone unnoticed... and I would be well taken care of.  That made me feel really good... I don't even care about the being taken care of part... it's just nice to hear that you are important and are valued.  Crap - it even makes me a little teary eyed.

There were a lot of other nice things that happened yesterday... I expect that there might be nice things that happen today.  I realize that on September 11th people often think about that horrible day 12 years ago - but let's also think about the good thing that happen - the birthdays - the celebrations...  If we dwell on the bad we can't let the good come in.

There you go.

No comments: