Friday, January 10, 2014

detoxing

My practice of no laptop in the pm is serving me well for now.

Last night I continued to avoid the electronics and it helped... I took a long bath and read a book that I bought that's full of essays/lectures by Leo Buscaglia.  I posted his videos the other week... his words are doing a good job of making me feel better. After the bath I watched a bit of television and then went to bed at 9 and read some some.  It may just become a habit.

I stayed offline at work yesterday too.... I realize that I don't always need to know what's going on with everyone all the time...

I think yesterday was a 6.

I will take a 6. I actually found myself laughing a bit yesterday - that's a good thing.

I'm trying to set up one of bosses with a friend of mine... that makes me feel good. I've decided that I'm going to focus on connecting people with situations and things... it keeps me from dwelling on things that didn't work out.

I have survived the full work week... I have made a lot of headway cleaning my desk area and it was actually noticed by one of my bosses yesterday.. makes me feel good to get things taken care of...

Things are shaping up... that's good.

This weekend I am teaching, getting a facial and watching the seahawks... busy busy busy...

No comments: