Friday, February 14, 2014

friends and remembering Dad.

Today has been fairly low key.

I got up at 8! yeah, I know - that's sleeping in for me!

I gave my friend Trina a pep talk before she went in for her last interview of the conference.

Then I got ready and sat in the lobby with my laptop and my t-shirts...  (oh, first I distributed my business card propaganda!)...

Then I went to lunch with my friend Lisa. She is a Weight Watchers leader that I worked for when I went to school here. It was really good to catch up with her and see what was going on.

I posted a funny photo of my Dad on Facebook this morning, it has his head cut off (it was taken at the San Diego Zoo in the 70's)... he would have never approved of it... oh well. There's nothing he can do about it now.

I miss him and have come to realize that he had more layers to him than I thought (or at least thought I realized)... I'm looking forward to revisiting our relationship as I go forward and culling the memories for new work and a newfound peace.

it feels good to feel like I'm on the right path..

No comments: