Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Hello Chicago (Hello 4am again)...

so.... I made it to Chicago no problem...

It was nice to get back to a place that holds so many good memories for me.

I got to my hotel around 4pm and unpacked my things and then went for a nice long walk down Michigan Avenue... I think it was 15 degrees outside but it was clear and beautiful.


I got back to my room about 7pm and had a nice dinner of chicken noodle soup and a pretzel roll (still no place like Chicago for a pretzel roll!)...

I watched some television and read a bit - I fell asleep around 11 I think.

AND THEN I WOKE UP AT 4AM.

I guess my brain is stuck at waking up that early no matter what time zone I'm in.

I decided since I was up I might as well go swimming when the health club opened... so I went for a swim a little past 5.

now I'm passing time in my bed with the laptop and a cup of "coffee"... it's not the best but it will do for hotel coffee.

I have a bit of a headache, but hopefully it will go away once I get moving.

This morning I have to pick up my materials for the conference and then I have a meeting with my career development people from school. It's a good thing to touch base with them every once in a while to keep fresh on my Art career.

I'm a little heavy eyed right now... maybe I'll take a quick nap...oh, who am I kidding...

that's it for now...

No comments: