Monday, March 03, 2014

I meant to do this....

I had good intentions of posting yesterday but I got disrupted.

I got the invitation to walk around greenlake at 7:30am and all my plans went out the window.

I think that might be my motto lately... go with the flow. Let things happen as they will and don't worry about the things you have no control over.

This past weekend was good. I am feeling more even and less stressed. I'm sure there will still be good and bad times, but overall I am feeling like I may be on the upward climb.

I chose to do a lot of things this weekend that were restorative.

Dinner with friends.
Going to church
Massage - that was what was really needed... I must remember to take care of myself
Stair training
Walking around the lake
sleep

As for the stair training - I met my fundraising goal over the weekend and I did 13 sets of stairs in just over an hour. My team leader told me that I should be able to get from the bottom of the tower up 69 flights of stairs in 12 minutes. Maybe even less time than that... I found last years results and that means that I should place in the top ten of my age group. That works for me. I never imagined I would be wanting to place in a stair climb... just shows that you should never underestimate yourself. You can usually do more than you think you can.

This week is going to be fairly low key. I signed up for a bike maintenance class at REI tomorrow and then there is first Thursday Art stuff on Thursday. A neighbor in my apartment has some work at the William Traver Gallery so I think I will go and peruse the art. It will be good to get out.

Other than that I think it should be uneventful. My appointments are next week (mammogram and shrink)... I am feeling optimistic about both of them.

I just have to remember to breathe and realize that these sorts of things happen to everyone...


No comments: