Friday, February 28, 2014

Better

I feel better today.

Last night I ended up getting dinner with a friend of mine. We've been friends for a long time and he knows a lot about what I've been going through recently.. it's nice to have someone to listen to you without them putting their take on the whole situation.

I am feeling alright.

I've got a lot in the works today and tomorrow.

This morning it's off to the chiropractor to see if he can actually do something about my shoulder/neck that keeps waking me up in the middle of the night (don't even get me started about the night sweats I've been having recently - no fun).

Then I get to go to work.  fun fun!

Tonight I am having dinner with my friend Kristen. If you've been around my blog for a while you will know that Kristen is my lovely assistant who helped me with my I heart Ann project back in 2007. She's the one who tivo'd the Today Show everyday and took photos of me off her television.

We are going to go to Lena's out in north Seattle... I am going to have their chicken pita. I have been dreaming about it all week.

Tomorrow I have ww, stairs and then I am getting a massage from my friend Candise. I used to see her when she worked at the salon I go to. I've been thinking with all the stress I've been under lately it would be nice to take care of myself. I am looking forward to it.

I almost feel like things are manageable...

This weekend I am also going to go to church again. I am happy that I am finding a community that is open and not too stuffy. I fit right in with them... it's nice to feel a sense of belonging.

The other day I downloaded an audio course of the self-compassion book I read. If you are interested here is the link to the sounds true page... they are having a sale on audio downloads right now and you can get the Kristin Neff course or the Brene Brown course for $24.49. I think they are both well worth it...  I haven't started listening to the Self-compassion course but I haven't been disappointed yet by the things I've bought from Sounds True.

I am hoping that I haven't been too mopey. lately.. my Facebook friends have been coming up to me when they see me in real life to make sure I'm okay. I appreciate that they care... I always have to assure them that I am not coo-coo bananas... I'm just a person who lets things out... if I kept everything in can you imaging how wound up and really unhappy I'd be?

I think I can see the light at the end of the tunnel... or at least it's the light at a rest stop.

I think I will survive.

No comments: