Thursday, February 27, 2014

Keeping Warm


So far today, so good. Yes, I know it's only 6:30 in the morning but sometimes you just have to take what you can get.

I am happy to report that I think my cough is going away. My air purifiers are going full tilt and I still have a bit of phlegm, but the cough for the most part is disappearing.

I think I may survive.

Last week I think I came close to losing it.

I don't mean totally coming off the rails losing it, but pretty close.

I am feeling better. Overall my life is better in 2014, but it's been challenging. I'm happy that I am struggling - yes, I know that sounds funny... but I think I may have said it before, I would rather be feeling all the things I'm feeling right now than shoving everything down inside and not dealing with it.

The reason I almost went over the edge last week is the fact that I had a mammogram when I got back from Chicago and then I got a phone call the day after saying that there was an area of concern and that they needed to take more pictures. Of course my mind started assuming the worst, that I have something growing inside me that would just cap off what a challenging year I'm having so far. I have another appointment in a week and a half. I also got a letter from the doctor saying that things like this are usually benign... but It sucks to have these things in the back of your head though. After talking to a bunch of friends I am hopeful that it is nothing and I've calmed myself down a bit. I think when I get all this crap out of the way I may start feeling better.

I have also made an appointment with a therapist and I've contacted a CPA. yeah! a shrink and tax help!

I just have to keep plugging along.

This week that AWP Conference is being held in Seattle - that's a conference for writers and writing programs. It's sort of like the conference I went to in Chicago but for writers instead of artists.... Tonight the Vermont Studio Center (the place I'm going this summer) is having a reception near my apartment. I am going to stop by on my way home. It will be fun to see some people I know. (I will know at least one person.. that's good enough)... It might be nice to make some connections too. I have to keep working.

I think that's all I have to share today... I am getting ready to post my t-shirts online to sell through Etsy... I think that's going to be the easiest way to go... I just have to get some good photos taken of them.... I need a fashion model... okay, that's really it.

No comments: