Sunday, August 24, 2014

Laundry day


I am coming to you from the Johnson laundromat. 
It has become a ritual to do my laundry on Sunday mornings. I suppose it's as close as I'm going to get to going to church while I'm here. 

Last night we went to karaoke. It was really busy so I only sang a few times. It was fun and I may have to venture out to find a karaoke place when I get back home. 

I have started thinking about my return trip and planning out my route.  I have made one reservation on airbnb for next Friday in Syracuse New York. Other than that I'm flying by the seat of my pants. I am contemplating going from Chicago up to Minneapolis and across North Dakota to get back. That would take one state off my "states I've never been to" list. I had contemplated going through Canada but I think border crossings on Labor Day weekend might be a bit much. 

Overall I am pleased with my time here. I started out doing one type of work but it has morphed its way into screenprinting/drawing. There's just something about the repetition and pattern which is compelling me.  I think I may use the work as a ground for my drawings.  
I don't know, the jury is still out.  

Let me see if I can post some photos for you all...
I'm drafting this on my iPad so I'm not sure how it will work. 






No comments: