Sunday, July 17, 2016

It's been a long time...

Hey there everyone.
I'm still around - I just spend more time doing things that bring me joy other than things that bring me down.

I think I said it before but life doesn't happen while you sit on the sofa. Okay, coffee drinking happens while you're sitting on the sofa... and that technically is part of life.

I don't really know what to report.

The last time I was here was September... I've continued to work on art and the ongoing struggle to keep my apartment clean is real....

I was part of a group show in February in Washington DC. I also got to take part in an artist talk at the Smithsonian so that's cool. Next March I'm off to the Vermont Studio Center again to make things... I've been focusing on printmaking - it brings me much satisfaction.

Last month I counseled at summer camp - it was fun and emotionally fulfilling in a way it hasn't been in a long time. I'm thinking that there are changes happening... not sure what just yet but I can feel it. A bit of a sense of dissatisfaction... but nothing so much to put me in a nervous breakdown state.

I think that's all I need to say... be kind to yourself and to one another. Life shouldn't be hard.

No comments: