Tuesday, April 25, 2006

To Tell The Truth (no, not the game show).

So, I've been thinking about the various people I have had crushes on over the years... Tony the Cute Checkout Boy from Safeway. Mark Tabor who worked in the mailroom at my mothers office, Doug Jeck (one of my undergrad professors), Damon Sleister in the 7th grade and then there was Michael the Cute Boy from Church. Yes, this is the same Michael who sent me a Birthday card yesterday. I'm not sure he actually ever knew that I gave him that title and was hoping that he would father my children, but alas some things aren't meant to be.

Now that time has passed the truth can be told. I actually made some artwork about my obsession with him.



This is a picture of it... it is a shrine which contains a coke bottle that he left in our pickup truck when he moved away from Seattle. I kept it, with the coke still inside and enclosed it in this. It's on a pedestal that is operated by remote control, when it is turned on the bottle lights up and the pedestal spins around and then there's the music. A beautiful rendition of me singing Close To You by the Carpenters.

My professors really liked it.. the only thing they suggested was that maybe I should have considered the "container" a little bit more.

So Michael, if you're reading this there you have it! I figure we've been friends long enough that you can handle the truth. Personally, I'm glad to get that off my chest.

Now, I'm obsessed with other things such as television, plastic and food.

No comments: