Sunday, August 19, 2007

Let's get serious now...

I have to start thinking about my career now.... I've been in vacation mode long enough... not that I've been hanging around doing nothing but I need to start looking for jobs in my chosen career path. That would mean Art and Teaching.

Let me see - what's going on... I have been looking at the College Art Association Website at their job listings. I don't really have the greatest amount of experience to teach.. but I suppose I can just start applying for things and who knows maybe someone will want to interview me for something.

I've been hesitant to talk about my immediate future but if I'm going to blog I have to talk about what I'm doing... I am going to New York in two weeks for a few months. I'm going to be living in my friend Maria's apartment while she is in Latin America. You may all remember her from my trip to New York in February when I got stuck there.


On my agenda for New York is "stalking" Ann Curry, getting on as many television shows as possible and running in races through Central Park. I may also do some grocery store field trips. I've started a new blog called I Heart Ann. I am going to post pictures of her as I strive to become one of her personal assistants and/or groupie.

I'm really not psycho - I'm just going to play one on tv.

I've sent a few emails to temp agencies in New York to inquire about work. Although I don't enjoy working for Lawyers that much - I'm glad I have these mad administrative skills to fall back on. It should enable me to pay some bills and buy supplies for my artistic endeavors.

Now for something completely different, my aunt Lois is coming today. My uncle died a few weeks ago and there is a Masonic service for him tomorrow. I would go but I have to work. Now, back to Auntie Lois - she's groovy. She lives in Oregon and has had many a career - Christmas tree grower, country store owner, quarter horse breeder(?) and bull seller.

She has Hamilton family feet as well... maybe if she gets a bit tipsy I can break out my flex wax and cast her foot. She wouldn't even consider taking pictures of her feet for me.... hmm - the wheels are turning.

I didn't go out last night - too long of a day to drive all the way to Tacoma.

Maybe I'll be good and go to the gym.

No comments: