Monday, December 31, 2007

It's almost the New Year!

So, as I wait here to go to dinner and a movie with my fabulous assistant Kristen I am going to reflect on the past year. I have succeeded in doing the following (keep in mind this is only a partial list)...

I met Ann Curry.
I received a Masters degree.
I lived in New York for almost four months (I'm still not an artstar... maybe I'll become one in April or May?).
I went out on two coffee dates. (That's two more than 2006!)
I managed to answer phones at a law firm for a day and not get fired.
I made great art only to have it destroyed by Fedex.
I managed to keep from diving head first into a potato chip bag or cookie box every time I was stressed out or bored (don't get me wrong I still have my moments).
I started wearing makeup on a regular basis because I am cute and I need to flaunt it sometimes.
I have managed somehow to still be loved by my family - especially my momma considering how much money I've borrowed from her over the past year...

I am actually going out on New Years Eve! Okay, so I'll probably be in bed by 11:00 At least it's a start.

The one thing I have not succeeded in doing is getting paid for National Portfolio day. I guess you can't have everything.

No comments: