Monday, May 12, 2008

More muscles I forgot I had...

Saturday I did the body sculpting class and then cycling. I'm not sure if I was working harder than normal or if I'm just a wimp, but my body is still sore... this time it's the backside and the shoulders. Thank goodness I had that massage scheduled so I don't think I'm suffering as much as I could be.

I wouldn't really call it suffering though... I intentionally put myself through it.

Have I told you all that when I'm in the middle of my cycling class and don't think I can take any more I pretend that I am a contestant on Survivor and I am in an endurance challenge. I try to hold out the longest so I can take home the cash prize. In this case there is no prize (except a firmer leg and thigh area). It seems to give me the extra push I need. I also think about other areas that will benefit from this activity but I can't talk about them here... because of my younger readers.

Yesterday I spent quite a bit of time at Northgate, I didn't really do any serious retail therapy, but I did run into my friend Bill and we did some Mall Walking (yes - I am what you would call a mall walker)... I don't do it as much as I used to but I still do it. It was hard dodging all those people filing in and out of See's Candy. Hmmmm. Candy.

On this weeks agenda is an opening at Crawl Space on Saturday and training for the Beat the Bridge run on Sunday. I'll have to find my fancy new microphone to record myself when I'm running. I may also have to get a new outfit to run in... I have to look cute because if I get caught behind the bridge, I might run into my future husband while I'm waiting for the bridge to go back down.

I should probably get going now... I had dreams last night that I had my own apartment... maybe that's a premonition. I'm sure my mother would like to push me out of this nest...

No comments: