Sunday, September 21, 2008

Drunk people need love too.

Last night I washed dishes at a wedding reception. It was the longest, most excruciating experience I've had in a while. It didn't help that my jaw had been aching non-stop.

They served far too much alcohol there and people kept hanging onto their plates - they wouldn't give them up. It just went on and on and on... We kept waiting for them to cut the cake so we could get the dishes going... it just made me cranky... if in fact I ever get married I know what not to do at the reception.

I am a bit groggy this morning. I took a half of a muscle relaxant before I went to bed - the jaw still hurts but hopefully it will get better soon. I forgot how much it hurts to have it out of whack.

Matt Browning's show at Crawl Space is really good. There was a lot of conversation about it on SLOG Friday (SLOG is the Stranger's Blog). Regina Hackett stopped by to see it yesterday and she liked it. Some of those yay-hoo's out there don't know what they're talking about when they let these rash judgments fly out of their fingertips. I suppose it's better to have conversation (even bad conversation) about your artwork than to have none at all.

PJ sent me an email last night asking me when and why I decided I wanted to be an artist. It's a hard question to answer... maybe I'll try to do it later.

Oh, no Mr. Arms yesterday... If I can drag myself out of this chair I may go to cycle and see if he's there.

No comments: