Tuesday, September 30, 2008

In case you were wondering...

yes, I got Sammy down this morning. I climbed up on the roof with a board (did I leave it up there??? - probably) and tried to get him to walk across it but he wouldn't. After a few minutes of coaxing I opened up a can of food and he started walking towards me on the teeniest branch... I leaned in enough to grab his collar and it snapped off. I kept thinking either the cat or I was going to fall to our death... I grabbed for the scruff of his neck once more and I'm not exactly sure If I grabbed it, or just his neck but I managed to get him out of the tree. I had brought up a pillow case to put him in for the ride down the ladder... I don't think my knees have ever shook as much as they did on the way down.

He doesn't seem to be in too bad of shape, just some pitch on his fur and some cat diarrhea. I know, you wanted to know that part... I think I'll keep an eye on him and possibly call the vet if he seems to be feeling poorly. He seems to be in good spirits though for spending two nights outside... all I know is that I'm looking forward to sleeping like a log tonight.

No comments: