Thursday, August 13, 2009

Day One.

I am happy to report that my first day on the job went very well. It's a very low key office. Not any drama, people are nice (not that they weren't nice before)... it seems pretty relaxed. I think once I have a better idea of how things run it will be a bit better... but that's the way it is with anything.

I was taken out to lunch to Lola yesterday - it was really really really good. I had salmon kebabs with a greek salad. Today we are going to the Dahlia lounge for a going away lunch for the person I am replacing.

Last night I went over to the house and was surprised that I was the first one there... I didn't actually know that my momma hadn't been home to let Stinky out so when I carried her outside she peed on me... not too much but just enough that I could feel it penetrate both layers of clothing I was wearing. Oh Stinky!

I am looking forward to tomorrow... not only is it Friday (payday) and I can get some money in my checking account (I was dinged one more time for NSF) and I get to see my Chiropractor, and I get to move back home for the weekend. I'm looking forward to sleeping in my own bed only if for two nights.

I think it's time for more coffee...

I'm not used to having all this free time in the morning - yesterday I was really early, I had to sit around Starbucks for 15 minutes and then go to Bartell's to waste time. I was still early. Oh well. I may just have an extra cup of coffee this morning.

No comments: