Monday, December 07, 2009

Crawl Space is Dead.

The space has been cleaned out, the keys given back, and the sign taken down... it's all over.
The whole thing still sucks - but it couldn't go on with the current line up or motivation on some people's parts.

I am still a little annoyed with the Seattle art scene. It wants to be a big player in the art world but it will always be small potatoes if it doesn't open itself up to a wider audience and or a more varied artist lineup... it's the same thing over and over.... I have got to believe there is something more out there for the public to see.... and for the quirky artist to show...
Now I just have to do something about it... I've got my thinking cap on.

I think I'm done ranting right now.... Hey, that's the name of the blog though so I guess I will just go on and keep ranting...

1 comment:

PJB-Chicago said...

Hi Jen--from PJ in Chicago. Sorry to hear about the demise of Crawlspace. You did some solid work there. I wish I could have seen your most recent show. The photos you posted show some very interesting art you've done since migrating from Chicago. I have NO idea how you work fulltime, teach at the gym, and still have time to make art, but somehow you do it, so congrats!

If you have time during Feb. to visit, it would be nice to see you. I moved from my old place to a new one. Smaller & more quiet, close to a bakery and a library--what else do I need?

No need to publish this msg. on your blog unless you have to. Just want to say HELLO and that I miss you. Say HI to your family, if they remember me, and stay in touch.
Pj