Monday, February 08, 2010

Chicago here I come! If I can walk...

I think I am ready to go with the exception of packing my toiletries....
I woke up at 3:30 with my knee out of whack... it does that every once in a while... it will go back into place eventually (I hope) or I may have problems walking around the windy city.

Yesterday I decided I can't be a wienie forever... so I sent Mr. Arms a message letting him know that I was the one who likes to stare at him - we're friends on Facebook... nothing ventured, nothing gained... Of course I timed the email to coincide with my vacation so I don't have to face him for a week.

Oh Chicago, how I am looking forward to seeing you! I don't have any plans this afternoon when I get there... I think I'll just check into my hotel and then wander.... do a grocery store fieldtrip to get food that's good for me and save a buck...(I'm taking the video camera to document everything...)... go to bed at 7:00.... It will be two hours ahead of what I'm used to AND It's central television time so everything starts an hour earlier... that way I may actually be able to stay awake for an entire episode of Hoarders tonight! That is if they have A&E on the list of channels available to me!

Yesterday I went to my sisters house to watch the Superbowl... it was a good time - with the exception of having to maneuver around a three year old while trying to watch commercials... overall a good day... I didn't eat too much either... I must say though that the commercials were lacking...

Okay, I better get off my backside and get moving... Have to leave in an hour or so... I want to make sure I look good in case I sit next to a cute boy on the airplane!

I'll probably check in with you this evening... Bon voyage!

1 comment:

Susan Roux said...

And just like that, you're off! Enjoy Chicago.