Monday, February 08, 2010

I made it...



I won't stay long because even though it's 6:17 on the west coast it's later - my time...

My flight went well... an abnormally large amount of men... not a lot of women...

I took the train into town and got to my hotel. It's pretty nice (funny carpet though)... it has a mini fridge and a microwave... it took me a while to figure out how to operate it though... it is right around the corner from the John Hancock Tower

There is wifi in the room but you have to pay for it. Abraham at the front desk looked at my room and saw that I was a Hilton Honors club member so he said he'd give it to me for free. It just goes to show you it pays to be nice and to ask if you want something..

There is a winter storm warning in effect... I may be in for the long haul. I had to buy some boots when I got here because there could be up to 14 inches of snow...The good news is that I'm within walking distance to Trader Joe's and Jewel - Osco.... I went both places tonight and found of few my favorite - can't be found in Seattle items. Pretzel rolls and horseradish hummus from Trader Joe's. I'm going to be a good girl and not eat it all tonight.

My knee is still really bugging me. I can walk but it's not comfortable... maybe we'll have to amputate...

I think that's all this evening... I will be back in the morning!

Central time zone - I'm watching Intervention and I'm hoping to stay up to watch Hoarders...
gotta run!

1 comment:

Susan Roux said...

Great there's internet! Enjoy your time. You might be surprised how quickly everything gets going even with 14 inches of snow. Some of us are very accustomed to dealing with the pretty white stuff...

Boot were a good idea!