Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Evening Update...

Here is the carpet in my hotel hallway...



This is my friend Deb. She has a piece up at the MCA. It's really good... we talked a long time and looked at the work at the MCA... It made me want to make work again... (hooray!)...
(she looks a bit sinister in this photo but she really isn't - she gave me approval to post the photo)...



I found this on a ledge on Michigan Avenue...



This sculpture is off the NBC building... its the figures from American Gothic (the painting by Grant Wood)... there's a suitcase in front of them..



I ended up walking a lot today... over 8 miles... argh... had to take a bath to soak my legs/feet/knees/back... I'm going to need a vacation from my vacation...

I ended up spending a long time at the MCA. There's a show up of contemporary Italian Artists... I like it a lot... when I was done there I went to visit my friend Lisa. We went out for drinks... I know, I actually drank beer... I do it sometimes you know...

After that, I made my way back to the the Hyatt where the conference is being held to check out the scene (not much going on...). Finally I walked to my hotel where I am ready to collapse...

I think I'll go to bed soon.... I feel a bit icky.... more in the morning...

No comments: