Friday, April 02, 2010

Why am I awake at 4:20??

It's because I woke up at 3am with the puppies...  At least I know I'll sleep tonight...


Above is one of my favorite pieces from First Thursday last night  it's called Little Bear (I think) and it's by Chauney Peck.  She has a show at Soil right now.  I like her work a lot.... I'm not going to get into some Art Critique about why I like this and why I like that (I sound dumb when I do...)... I just know what pleases me and this does the trick!  Chauney's work in general is bright, colorful and whimsical (is that right???)... I just like it.

Jennifer Campbell's show Point No Point is good as well... it got a Stranger Suggests on Slog yesterday.  I may be biased because we're friends...  it's nice to finally see her work - she was always so busy with other peoples work while she was at Crawl Space I don't think she really had a lot of free time to work on her own.

Overall First Thursday was good.  I just wish it would start at 4pm so I could be home at a reasonable hour and not feel like a dud.  It's nice to see people I know - It makes me want to make more work... now I just have to find the time...  I forgot to hit a few shows while I was there... I'll have to take the bus down to a few shows next week (during lunch).

Last night I was sitting there at Jenn's show and a girl who works in my office building walked in.  I introduced myself to her... it turns out that she is an artist that I know of... it's weird when you know of someone and then you see them in a totally different context... 

Maybe I'll start a Sunday Potluck for artists... I like potlucks...

Okay, another reason I'm up so early is that I have something going on with my eye.  It started hurting last night while I was reading in bed... the other Jen Towner will be happy to know that I was glancing through the Secret... that crazy mumbo jumbo book that I think is a bit strange...   well... my eyeball started feeling like I had an eyelash stuck in it... it doesn't - but it still feels like it this morning.  I want to take my eyeball out of the socket and rinse it off... argh.

One plus to getting up so early is that I was able to watch Survivor and I know who was voted out last night...

I suppose I could watch Lost right now and be all caught up...  I suppose I could go to the gym.. I suppose I could go back to sleep for an hour...

Today I have to work, go to the Chiropractor, and then to Pilates.  I also have to get to my studio sometime and pick up supplies for screen printing tomorrow.  I'm going to teach my best friends daughter how to do it.  I love doing it - it's a lot of fun... and it's easy - and a good skill to have.

Another plus to getting up early is having a lot of extra time to work on your blog posts....

I hope you all have a good day and I hope I can make it to 3:30 pm when I have to leave for my Chiropractic appointment.
xo  xo
Gossip Girl
oops - wrong show....

No comments: