Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Let's try an evening post...

I seem to run out of time in the mornings so I'm awake - I might as well write something.

Today I ended up going to the members preview of the new shows opening at SAM (Seattle Art Museum)... they are Kurt and Andy Warhol Media Works... I must say I like the Kurt show... maybe it's because I am still reliving being hit in the head by a lighter at the last Nirvana show in Seattle back in the day...

There's a show opening tomorrow of an artist that I have met before (but don't really know). She does these photographs... they just seem to be all the same... where's the originality??? venture out and do something new...  I guess I am not one to comment - I haven't had a show in almost a year... I'm just getting that feeling of dissatisfaction - I wish Seattle were more like Chicago... more interesting artists with more opportunities to show... not that Seattle doesn't have interesting artist - it's just a really small circle of them and it's hard to break into it... unless you're a hipster or established... okay, I'll quit bitching now...

I guess that's enough whining for the night... I would recommend the shows at SAM...

Tomorrow afternoon I'm going to the dentist and then it's off to Greenlake to attempt to run around it twice... maybe three times.. see how it works.

No comments: