Thursday, June 03, 2010

What I'm dealing with this morning...

I woke up at 3am with a pain in my ankle... it feels as though a tendon or ligament is out of place and it's making it difficult to walk.  I hope it will just resolve itself within the next few days.  I think it happened in the middle of the night - at some point I took off my arch splint - when I woke up later that's when it hurt.

I am one of those people who "pops" their joints,  I am constantly rotating my feet to make my ankles feel better... that won't be happening today.

Hmmmm all of this the day after I received my information about the half marathon... I think maybe the running gods are trying to tell me something...

I was planning on going running today but I don't think I will be with the ankle like this. 

Yesterday I purchased plane tickets to New York in February for the College Art Association Conference.  I used frequent flier miles so I only had to pay five bucks.  It's good to plan ahead... I'll be flying in and out of Newark but that's doable... I like New Jersey... I've been to the Ikea there a few times and the airport three times!  I can get a shuttle into the city and it will only cost 30 dollars round trip.

Now I just have to arrange for lodging.  I can always sleep on the futon at Maria's and Chris - my old home when I lived there in 2007... that might be a bit cramped... I may start saving and get a hotel room.  My friend Marty is thinking of going... maybe If I plan early enough I can get a good deal and split it with her (or some other grad school friends of mine)...  it's good to plan ahead...

I hear the coffee pot calling to me... I think I will hobble out to the kitchen and get another cup...

No comments: