Monday, December 27, 2010

Post holiday shopping success.

I managed to make my way through Ikea yesterday and walk  away with a few new items and a few deals.  Here is the run down.

Coffee table
Book case thingy
butcher block thingy which was on Sale
Cupcake Dish Towells
Two Baskets for the Book Case Thingy
and a Grater which works well on fingers.

I managed to get out of there for under three hundred dollars.  I had a coupon for 25 dollars off a purchase of 250.00 so I sucked it up.  I have money in savings (left over from my bonus)... and the dogs gave me a little bit of cash toward the coffee table...

Now I can have people over for coffee!  Actually I have people coming over the weekend after next so I need to get cracking.

oops I forgot... I also got a floor lamp.

Okay, now we're getting to the nitty gritty business...

Overall I feel pretty good about how the holidays went (minus the father losing his faculties)...  However, I have some old friends from high school that get together for outings and I feel a little bit left out.  I know I should just get over it... but sometimes I just wish I hadn't been such a recluse after High School and hadn't withdrawn from everyone... 

It just makes me sad that I don't have friends that want to do these things with me...  I think it's just because while I was off doing my own thing after school - they all settled down and had kids... they have a bond.  I just had a shopping habit and fondness for drinking too much... they don't really relate to each other.  I know I should just appreciate our differences, but sometimes it feels like I missed out on something. 

Enough whining.

This week our office is open from 10 - 2.... it's rough.  I know.  really?

I think I was sort of asked out for coffee yesterday.  That's swell.

1 comment:

Kyle said...

Hooray for coffee.
Silly grater.
Regrets suck.