Monday, November 28, 2011

Back to the Grind

It's back to work today.

Here's a recap of what happened yesterday.

I went to Ikea and got a new storage unit (which I got a big scratch in when I was dragging it across my floor) and a free coffee mug.  I have couch envy - there's a sofa I want, but I can't justify the expenditure just yet. 

I went over to my Dad's place and successfully found his key, his remote control and his iPad!  He had set down the iPad with his shoes... he must have been looking for something in his dresser drawer and set it down.  I can sense his frustration in forgetting things... we just got to go with the flow and take it one day at a time.  I think once he gets into assisted living he will be more comfortable and hopefully they will help him keep track of things in a better manner.

Last night I worked on organizing things around my place... it's a little bit messy but I'm trying to get stuff into the new storage unit and move things around... maybe someday my place will look presentable and people will actually come over when I invite them.

I will leave you this morning with a selection of photos I took at the San Diego Zoo back in 1975.  I keep them on a small table in my living room... I find them rather charming...













No comments: