Sunday, September 23, 2012

Practicing my social skills

Twice this past week I have used my ever-rusty social skills.  I'm happy to report that I'm not too far gone.  Yesterday I drove up to Bellingham and attended a Birthday party for a friend from Grad School.  It was very low key, a pot luck and hanging out around the fire pit.  Although I'm a bit quiet, I didn't feel out of place which was nice. Sometimes I have to remind myself that I can go out and have a good time... sitting on the sofa is not always the best idea...

Don't get me wrong though... I don't sit on the sofa all the time.  Just after long days at work and weekends, and mornings...

okay I take all that back.

This evening I am hanging out with my niece while her parents attend an event for her school... 

Yesterday I had an appointment at the salon and found out that my favorite esthetician is leaving... I guess this is an opportunity to ween myself from some of my waxing habits..  (okay, I'm going to venture into the almost too much information area right now).. I am thinking about looking into laser hair removal... at least for my art pits and lower legs.  I was advised to look for a groupon to get started... so I will wait and see...  if I could get by by not shaving my armpits ever again I would take it.

My neighbors last night had a big party... I was woken up by some guy talking color theory to some girl at 3:30 this morning... (he couldn't remember which three colors make ALL colors)...

It is taking a full pot of French Press this morning...


No comments: