Friday, November 23, 2012

The Thrill is Gone

I used to be one of those people who would like to get up early and go shopping on Black Friday.  That's when I had no problem spending money that I didn't have.  Using credit cards and buying things to fill up the hole in my soul.

I still have a hole in my sole (although it's teensy tiny)...  I don't feel the need to buy things frivolously...  I feel as though I have enough.

there was a saying I heard once - "enough is as good as a feast" 

that sounds about right.

Yesterday went pretty well.  I actually slept in until 7:50!  Then I hung out at the apartment until 10 - then I went to visit dad.  It went pretty well...  he's just so little nowadays...  My sister and I were discussing it last night.  He's lost about 20 pounds in the last year.  I guess that's what happens when you quit drinking and it takes a lot longer to eat...  He was having some discomfort in his legs so I rubbed them a little bit.  Then I worked on his neck...  it was kind of sweet.  It's one of those things I think I will remember.

After my visit (which lasted about an hour) I walked around Greenlake twice, I made a halfway stop at Starbucks for a gingerbread latte...  finally I went over to my Momma's for dinner.  It was nice.  No trauma inflicted and I didn't overeat.

In WW land I have this to report.  I purchased a Fitness Link Activity Monitor on Tuesday - it's a device you wear and it measures your activity through accelerometers.  It collects data regarding your movements and then you plug it into your computer to download the data. It translates the data into Points Plus values and gives you goals to increase your activity. I am currently in the assessment phase which lasts a week.  The down side to this is that I can't track any of my activity points for the rest of the assessment period, so even thought I'm being active, I can't record it.  I am currently at negative 85 pp this week.  Luckily I start over tomorrow.

I took a survey of my ww friends in Chicago and they like the device a lot.  Anything that can give me more information I'm in to.

This morning my momma is coming over in about an hour - we're going to walk downtown and then marshal the parade...  then she's taking me out to breakfast. 

I think I'm also going to watch the Apple Cup and then the latest editions of R. Kelly's Trapped in a Closet on IFC.  if you don't know what Trapped in a Closet is you should probably look it up.  It's fairly entertaining...  it's on IFC from 4 - 7 - be warned it has crude graphic language and sexual situations... and midgets.  it's a hip hop opera...

Happy Buy Nothing Day!

No comments: