Friday, January 04, 2013

Turning the corner (slowly)...

I think I may have turned the corner on this cold... yesterday afternoon I experienced that thing you always yearn for when you are sick - A PRODUCTIVE COUGH!

Yeah, I bet you thought I was going to say something more interesting didn't you.

I managed to sleep through the night without much disruption - I think that was a combination of nighttime drugs and less congestion.

I'm still coughing, but I don't feel quite as bad.  That's good news.

What else is happening???

Last night in my cough syrup induced coma (I was carded for cough syrup the other day) I pulled the trigger and ordered a garment steamer...  I am pretty excited about this.  The dogs bought me one for Christmas, but it wasn't the one I've been dreaming of which is this one!!!

CLICK HERE TO SEE THE STEAMER I LOVE

I decided to return the one the dogs bought me and get the big momma of steamers...

Since I have a ton of fancy clothes from my big brother clothing parties it's something I've been thinking of for a long time... I finally decided to pull the trigger.  I can also finally steam my shower curtain which has been wrinkled since the day I brought it home from Bed Bath and Beyond.

This weekend is going to be a tad busy - advising young artists on what to take to a National Portfolio Day, cleaning, sleeping, teaching and finally football.  Perhaps I will do some laundry.  Having a break from teaching was nice because I didn't have to wash or wear my workout clothes so often.

A few final thoughts before I go hose myself off...

This new year has brought less foot pain (yay)
I bought an amino acid supplement at the club to help with my muscle cramping that I experience after I teach - I think it's working, although I've only used it once...  (don't worry - I'm not going to become some crazy buffed up muscle woman).... I didn't realize it at the time, but I also did a body sculpt class on Wednesday which usually leaves me sore for days after but I have been relatively pain free... good news I think.

Okay, that's it.  The shower is calling me.

No comments: