Monday, February 11, 2013

A little reprieve this morning.

I am driving into the gym and work this morning so I can actually give you a quick post this morning.

Here is my report.

The weekend went alright.  Te meeting with my Dad went alright.  He doesn't look that great and he was definitely not having one of his better days.  He didn't have anything important to tell us, but it was nice for everyone to be there if only for a short time.  We can only do what we are able to...  As I've said before, he knows we love him and we know he loves us and if he needs to go he can.  He is being well taken care of and that gives me a sense of peace.

Onto brighter notes...  I lost more weight this week at ww from the too busy to eat diet.  I don't' recommend it but I will take the loss.

I managed to do some cleaning around my place and get some laundry done.  I also started thinking about packing for my trip.  I am not teaching tonight so I can get it done tonight. My flight leaves tomorrow morning at 9am.

Yesterday I made a semi-impulsive purchase and bought myself an ipad.  For the most part I got it to take with me to the conference so I don't have to trudge my laptop everywhere (although I will be taking my laptop with me as well).

I am looking forward to the conference this year.  Even though I don't have any interviews lined up I'm taking some workshops and meeting with people... it will be fun.  I plan on doing all my food shopping for the time I'm there at Whole Foods.  There's one a few blocks away and I can get there fairly easily (I just have to pack my snow boots....).

I think  that's all I need to share.  I have to finish coffee so I can be perky for my class.

No comments: