Tuesday, February 05, 2013

Hello, How are you?

Tuesday is here and it seems like it should be Thursday...

I think it is going to be a long week.

Here is my report from the weekend...

Superbowl party was fun.  I got home at a reasonable time.

That is all.

Yesterday at work we had a construction meeting - we are doing a remodel which starts in a few weeks... it should be interesting.

What else - a week from today I head to New York for the College Art Association conference.  I'm looking forward to it.  As usual I didn't get my act together to apply for any positions - but maybe I'll get a few "packets" of my work/resume put together...  I have signed up for a few professional development workshops one is called "Finding a Job in the Arts" and one is "Syllabus 101".  Being that I've never taught an official class and only tried to put together classes half-assed this would be a good thing.

Among other non conference related things I have a friend from school who has some work in a show which opens while I'm there so I'll go see that...  I have an alumni reception at the Sculpture Center to go to... The Met has a Matisse show I can go to... amongst other things...  I am also going to see my ex-roomates from my whole artstar experience.  It should be nice to get away and focus on the art me.

I saw my Dad again on Sunday... he was in bed taking a nap.  He's plugging along.  We've started some hospice care so he will have more attention - for that I am thankful.  I am also thankful for my family - we may be a bit dysfunctional at times, but compared to most families we do pretty well... it's nice that we can come together.

Things I am looking forward to this week?  Hopefully I will get my new glasses (I'm tired of squinting)...  Working both at the office and the gym... (I'm subbing on Thursday night too)...  I might possibly get my tax refund (that would be a nice thing to have before I go to New York)...

I think that's all I have for this morning...

Oh, my new business cards started peeling so they are reprinting them and sending me a new batch.  This is good because then I can leave the old ones all over the conference if I want... yay

No comments: