Sunday, February 24, 2013

Obituary and loose ends.

Here is a link to my Dad's Obituary.

I woke up at 3am and posted it on FB... you don't have any idea on how long it took us to decide on that photo...  I was rather fond of a photo I took of him with a Bloody Mary but my auntie Bev didn't approve.

Oh well.

Yesterday turned out a bit differently than I was planning.  My acupuncture/massage appointment was canceled.  I ran around Greenlake once without stopping and it felt pretty good... I would have gone around one more time but I had to use the facilities...

I ended up having lunch with one of my ww friends and then bought a guest book for the services this week and a pair of bereavement shoes (yeah - I bet you didn't know that there was such thing as bereavement shoes did you?)... they were on sale.  And since my appointment was canceled I went ahead and bought them.

I had been invited to a celebratory dinner for a friend of mine which I decided to pass on attending.  I'm trying to catch up on my sleep and I ended up watching Moonrise Kingdom and going to bed a little past 9:30.

I haven't gotten around to completely cleaning up the apartment, but I did manage to do dishes and laundry... and take the recycling out.  It's progress.  I will continue tonight while I'm watching the Oscars.  I haven't watched a single nominated movie this year... I had planned to see Silver Linings Playbook but that got disrupted.

After class this morning I may go to lunch with my friends from the gym.

I'm playing the mourning card... okay, maybe I'm not playing it - but I am selective over who I want to spend my time with right now and now I want to hang out with my gym buddies.

Ah - I also talked to insurance adjusters yesterday and made a statement about the accident - hopefully that will be resolved quickly.  At least my car is drivable. I have an appointment for an estimate on Thursday morning.

Oh, I was .4 away from being within my goal weight... next week for sure.

No comments: