Thursday, June 06, 2013

Summer slow down.

Yesterday I changed my alarm clock so I don't have to get up at the crack of dawn anymore.  I'm looking forward to it.

Perhaps my apartment cleanliness will increase with my increase in home time... We shall see...

I would expect that I will get some sort of bug in celebration of my revised schedule... that is what usually happens.

Summer is on its way - it's nice out, no rain...  I get to bare my pasty white legs to the world.  Summer camp is coming up... things are looking up.

I've been contemplating making art again (it's been a while since I've made anything "real")...  a former acquaintance of mine won an award recently and it brought up a bunch of hard feelings around the demise of Crawl Space.. (the gallery I was a member of)...  It would be nice to have a space of my own to work and show...  I have gotten into the pigeon hole of thinking "I can't do that" but that's not true - I can do anything I want...  I just have to have some ingenuity...  I miss the old days of going into a studio and just working on things..  and having the time to work on things... and having the money to be able to accomplish those things... and, and, and, and.......

I just have to quit feeling sorry for myself and move on...

No news on the social life front - I had a date a few weeks ago but it didn't materialize into a second one.. that's okay - I am resilient..  

overall the mood has been pretty good (minus the crankiness induced by the art award/hard feelings business)... 

I am fairly optimistic about things.

I think that's all I know this morning - I'm going to try to drag myself to First Thursday tonight...  I shouldn't say try though... I should say I "am" going to drag myself to First Thursday...


No comments: