Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Arcade Fire and Restraint

Yeah, I know it's a weird title for a blog post...

Today the latest Arcade Fire is being released... I pre ordered it so I downloaded it last night and have been listening to it pretty much non stop... my new favorite song is this one called Afterlife...


I went to see Arcade Fire when they released their last album (The Suburbs)... that was back in 2010... that was when my life actually started changing I think. I went to the concert with my friend Tia and her boyfriend (now husband)... it was at dinner before the concert she told me that she was moving... flash forward three years later - I am living in her old apartment, almost have a social life, and am fairly happy... okay, very happy.

I've been listening to parts of the album (Reflektor) since I downloaded it last night.. I even listened to it in bed this morning on my ipad... I like it.  It's helping distract me from being a hovering girl...

My friend John is having surgery tomorrow and he's a bit anxious... I am trying to lay low and not be too intrusive. That's the only problem with "hanging out" with someone... you can't really do a lot without looking like you want something more...

I am really very happy with the way things are and don't want to change anything... it will be better once I get to Thursday.

I will just keep distracting myself with other things and be here if I am needed.

That is all I can do.

This morning I have to pick up a cake for a Birthday celebration at work... I suppose I could get off the sofa a bit early so I don't run out of time on my way to work.

I think my cold is clearing up (did I tell you I had one?)... I feel pretty good...

I guess that's it this morning.


No comments: