Sunday, October 27, 2013

Mixed Feelings.

I am continuing to be woken up by night sweats.

Hello Perimenopause.


I knew it was coming... I have mixed feelings about it. The jury is still out how I feel about the whole thing. 

I have never had a burning desire to have children of my own, but with the beginning of "the end of my reproductive lifecycle" I have a little bit of sadness... not a lot, but a tad. I am really happy with my life right now and I don't think having children would add to that happiness...

It's one of those instances of questioning whether or not ones life would be better if you had done something...  I always imagined that I would have kids but it never panned out. I am not heartbroken that I will never have any of my own... I think I am more upset about the fact that I will be the end of the line for this string of the Towner name...  I don't know if that makes sense... maybe I'm just rambling.

Let's get back to those night sweats... they aren't too bad (just yet), but I don't like being woken up in the middle of the night.  I have always been a big fan of sleep and I don't like waking up being all sweaty. I'm not sweaty like I am when I teach (that's a sight you probably don't want to see), but it's an annoyance.

I am going to hit up the natural remedies store down the street today and see if I can find something to help before it gets too out of hand.

I guess I'm going to have to change the subtitle on the blog from "almost middle-aged woman" to "middle-aged woman"


No comments: