Friday, November 08, 2013

Better BUTT not great!

ha ha ha... how do you like that title for the post.

My backside is doing much better but it is still feeling the effects of my stair work from Saturday...
I'm sure it will be great tomorrow and then I'll go do stairs again.

I'm going to work on stretching it out today so I'm in tip top shape again... I have a fire in my belly (okay, maybe it's a fire in my backside) that wants me to break records when I climb those stairs in March.  I think last years winning time in my age group was around 10 minutes.  I asked Dan (my chiropractor/team leader) what he thought I could reasonably do.  He said about 11 minutes... I'll take that. There's something to be said for being in fairly good shape.

One thing I've realized over the past few months is that I'm really strong.  Physically strong that is. I've always thought that I was, but I would look at myself in the mirror and just see the leftover stretched out skin from my fat days and focus on that. What I'm starting to notice is that I have a strong core underneath, when you poke my tummy it's not squishy at all... I've got abs! Sure - they're buried under that extra skin, but it's not that much skin.

I'm also realizing that weighing 145 pounds is just fine. I don't look like I weigh a145 but it's a lot of muscle.  One of my cycle students told me that she though I may have been 135 tops.  Weight is just a number... as long as you feel good and you're strong it doesn't matter what that number says.

I'm glad my attitude is changing. Tuesday was a bad day. One bad day will not bring me down. It didn't...

Every November on Facebook - people start listing what they are thankful for. I'm not one of those people who does that - if I'm thankful for things (people places things) you probably already know that.  I don't feel the need to list it there.... so I will list a few things here! (sure, that's probably cheating but I don't care).

Here are a few things:
thankful that I got my head out of my ass 10 years ago and jointed Weight Watchers. I can only imagine what my life would be like if I stayed the way I was...
thankful that I have the family that I do... they are crazy at times but I love them and they are mine!
thankful for great friends who have my back.
thankful for puppies and kitties.
thankful that I have a sense of humor.
thankful for a glass half full sort of optimism.

I'm sure there is more...

I am looking forward to the end of the year... I'm looking forward to the new year... I've got trips lined up (Chicago, Vermont, etc...)... who knows where else? It's good to be me!

I am happy.

No comments: