Sunday, November 03, 2013

I've got legs and I know how to use them!

Yesterday morning I don't know what got into me I decided to run stairs. 

Actually I do know what got into me...Friday morning I went to see my chiropractor, he heads a team in the Big Climb up the Columbia Tower every year. He asked me if I was going to be doing the training climb with him on Saturday morning and I said no. 

I originally said no that I had an appointment but what I was really thinking was "no I don't
think I can do it".

I was wrong.  I did do it. I kicked its ass. 
Today my legs hurt.
Here are some swell photos of the Blaine Street stairs.

 






Yes - I know this is not the most attractive photo of me, but hell, I had just run stairs for 40 minutes and did lunges in between each set.

I'm training for the Big Climb in March.  Here's a link to my fundraising page if you want to donate! I have to raise at least 200 bucks or they will kick me out and I will never be able to do it again.

Although my legs are killing me this morning - it could be worse.  The pain does not equal the sense of accomplishment I feel. It's good.

No comments: