Wednesday, November 27, 2013

What do I know?

I don't have a lot to report this morning.

I am enjoying not working this week and finally I feel like I am on vacation. I taught my last class for the week last night so it's smooth sailing from here on out.

The excitement on my calendar today is that a plumber is going to come out and fix my toilet this morning and then this afternoon I'm getting my hair done. I am still trying to get my apartment in gear.  It looks better but it's still not great. It's hard to go through years worth of crap and figure out what you don't need anymore. I think I should be able to get through the rest of the crap by the end of the week.

I have a bit of a headache (it started last night) - I hope it's not my neck again...  it's sympathy pains for my friend John I guess (he's doing alright by the way).

Maybe I will go out for a run this morning and then get a pedicure - my toenails are looking a bit crappy... it'd be nice to have them pretty for the holiday.

For the first time in many years I am not dreading the holidays... it's nice. I'm not thinking that they are all going to be hunky dory but I think they may be a bit more manageable. I love(d) my Dad a lot but it was stressful over the years trying to accommodate his moods and schedule over the Holidays... Sometimes people look at me funny when I say that I'm not doing anything for the holidays - but if the only framework you have for a holiday is what you see on the hallmark channel you are often disappointed when things don't pan out. Sometimes it's easier just to not participate. This year will sort of be the same, but I'm not going to feel sorry for myself. I am going to surround myself with people I want to be with and do things that I want to do. That makes me happy.

Maybe tomorrow I will wax poetic on all those things I am thankful for... nah. If I'm thankful for things you probably already know it...

Now go out there and get them!

No comments: