Thursday, December 26, 2013

Pillow Pet for the Win

Here is my report from the Holiday.

I made it.

Not anything too thrilling happened - although I am the proud owner of a Hello Kitty Pillow Pet.

okay, I take that back... maybe these things weren't thrilling but they were different.

On Christmas Eve I waited around the office for my new laptop which never arrived (oh well)... at least it was a gift for me and not for someone else.

After waiting around I went to my best friend Malyn's house for dinner. Malyn and I have been friends since the third grade I think... her grandma was one of my first Camp Fire group leader.

Every year on Christmas Eve (when she's lived in the State) she has people over to her place to play games and eat etc... I have gone a few times but have only ever been able to stay for a short while due to other family duties. This year I got the full deal. It was nice to be able to do what I wanted to do and not worry about whether or not my Dad was being taken care of... We played games, had a nice dinner and then I got my very own stocking. I haven't had a stocking in years... a few years ago (6??) we quit doing presents - except for the kids... it was nice to get some things... I'll admit I like getting presents but in the past years I just have to buy my own.

Oh well - overall it was great.  After I left there I went to Church for the Christmas Eve service where My mom, sister and I lit the Advent/Christ Candle.  It was nice and small and it was good to see people I haven't seen in a while.

Yesterday I woke up at a reasonable hour and went for a run around Greenlake. I then went for my annual Gingerbread Latte at Starbucks.  The girl at the Register remembered me from my Thanksgiving Gingerbread latte (it had been her first day)...  I paid $20.00 for my gingerbread latte - it's the least I can do for people who work on normal day off so that the high maintenance coffee drinking public can get their fix. It was also really nice that she remembered me. I haven't been to that Starbucks since Thanksgiving.

Later on I went to my momma's house for breakfast and laundry and then later to my sister's house for a casual dinner. My niece Katie gave me a Hello Kitty Pillow Pet... how fun... I also got a calendar of hot guys with pets... it's pretty funny.

Overall it was good.  A lot different than years past but it's good.

Here are a few photos of things...














No comments: