Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Better

Although my emotional trajectory has been moving in an upwardly direction there were ups and downs along the way, it's along the same lines as trying to lose weight I think... there may be ups and downs but if you follow the program you generally head in the downward direction (oops - there's a tangent)... to get back to what I was talking about..

YESTERDAY I FELT BETTER.

Better in a lot of different ways:

better in that I went back to see my doctor and we figured out that my ongoing cough was just an asthmatic reaction to a few colds I've had over the past few months. She gave me a few different prescriptions and I am already starting to feel better (the Allegra I had been taking was not letting the mucus clear from my chest - I cut that and I'm already feeling better)...

better in that I had a Tuesday evening at home to myself... I started cleaning and purging.. it feels good to get rid of things that weigh you down... (ideas, thoughts, and people can weigh you down too but if you have clutter it amplifies a feeling of being stuck)...

better in that my constant reading is bringing me new insight into various situations... how I deal with things, how I deal with relationships....  I've mentioned that I've been reading the book Self-Compassion - this has helped calm me down (I used a few of the techniques I've learned yesterday while I was waiting for my chest x-ray to come back... I needed to be aware of how I was feeling and it helped)... I am also listening to a audio book called It's Just a F***ing Date and it's giving me new hope on revamping my dating life... I've never been a big dater but this is showing me how to get my act together in a funny way and it's also giving me insight on things in the past... it makes me realize that I am on the right track... I just need to not take things so serious all the time...

better in that people are starting to catch my newfound attitude, people are asking me for help... people are reaching out and it feels good.

it feels good to feel better...

No comments: