Wednesday, January 01, 2014

New Year's Day.

Already this morning I have made a date with a 26 year old that I met online at OKCupid... I figure what the heck.
I don't feel like I'm 46 so I might as well go on a date with someone younger than me.

Yesterday I decided to let go of the anger I felt towards my friend John. I reached out and let him know it too.. I had a sense of relief and sadness but I do feel a lot better... I think the best gift I can give to people is to forgive (I don't know if that's the correct word for this situation) and give them the gift of letting their burdens go as well.

The lowdown is that he started seeing someone else and didn't know how to tell me... the solution on his part was avoidance of me which hurt me the most.  I would hope that by showing kindness and forgiveness to him that I can move on as a better person and that he can experience healing and growth as well.

What I have learned is that you need to communicate clearly what you want, what you are willing to accept from someone  else and be specific - spell it out. I will no longer be "okay with things" if I don't know what exactly those "things" are.

I can't be one of those people who just gets rid of friends when they hurt me... I hope that I am a much better person and friend as a result of this.

Today I was going to jump in Lake Washington for the Polar Bear Plunge but my cold has not cleared up enough... I think I will clean up my place, take down my tree, and then maybe go for a walk around Greenlake.

2014 is going to be a good year.

No comments: